Useful Articles & Links

Kiwisaver Withdrawals

Please contact your Kiwisaver provider (by telephone or website) to obtain a First Home Withdrawal Application Form. These funds are credited direct to your Solicitors Account and can be applied towards your deposit or in time for settlement.

If you are eligible, there is also a Housing New Zealand First Home Subsidy Grant which is available if you met certain criteria. Click here to be redirected to their site to find out more information about this grant and to download the application form.

If you have any questions in regards to using Kiwisaver to purchase your first home, or land to build on, click here to download a fact sheet. Alternatively you can contact Jacintha Atkinson or Lee McMurtrie.


Land Transfer Tax Statements

From 1 October 2015, all Vendors and Purchasers are required to complete and sign a Tax Statement. This information is inputed by your Solicitor into Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) and a transfer of a property cannot take place without this information being provided.

If you are buying or selling a property that has been your main home, then you simply sign the tax statement and it is stored on your file. If the property is an investment property, your IRD number will also need to be supplied. If the property is owned by a Trust, you will need to ensure the Trust itself has its own IRD number.

What the IRD are looking for are people who have transferred properties more than three times in two years.

if you would like more information on this topic please contact us. You can click here to download a copy of the tax statement and the accompanying notes.