Richmond Law was the first law practice to be established in Richmond in 1975.
The firm was founded by Ray Carter who believed that staff are family, and even though Ray has now retired, this legacy remains a crucial part of how Richmond Law is run today.
The current partners of the firm are Michael Abbott, Stephen Sansom and Robert Whittle, and has been located at 2 McGlashen Avenue, Richmond since 1990.
In 2015, the Richmond Law building, doubled its footprint with the extension being architecturally designed to include five more office spaces, a multimedia boardroom and a spacious whanau/function room.
The multi-media room is designed to include a large high definition television screen to enable documents and web-based seminars to be easily presented amongst multiple parties, allowing staff to address legal issues in a more efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
The practice has doubled the size of its staff, and particularly in the last year have expanded to meet the continued growth in the Richmond Region.
Richmond Law offers professional, expert services to its clients throughout the Top of the South, and on a national level.
Richmond Law prides itself on creating strong client relationships, a “no fuss” approach to dealing with client’s commercial and personal interests, resolving any legal issues for them in an efficient manner.
We seek to offer the best possible legal service to our clients by adhering to the following values and principles:
- To always work in the best interests of our clients.
- To understand our client’s circumstances and the issues they face, in order to give objective and accurate advice accordingly.
- To retain a personal association with our clients, and take a 'big picture' approach to all their legal requirements.
- To be prompt, efficient and available to our clients, operating in an environment in which both the clients and staff feel comfortable and welcomed.
- Our staff are highly qualified and valued, and we see them as the heart of the firm and the key to providing a high level of service to all clients.
- All staff and partners keep up to date with developments in the law, so that we can continue to offer accurate and up to date advice to all clients.
- To adhere to high ethical standards.